Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) Transportation Working Group (TPTWG), Energy Working Group (EWG), and Telecommunications and Information Working Group (TEL)
The Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) was established in 1989 to enhance economic growth and prosperity for the region and to strengthen the Asia-Pacific community. APEC currently has 21 member economies: Australia; Brunei Darussalam; Canada; Chile; the People’s Republic of China; Hong Kong, China; Indonesia; Japan; the Republic of Korea; Malaysia; Mexico; New Zealand; Papua New Guinea; Peru; the Philippines; Russia; Singapore; Taipei,China; Thailand; the United States; and Viet Nam.
The Transportation Working Group (TPTWG), launched in 1991, seeks to liberalize of transportation services, and enhance the safety of APEC transport systems in order to encourage economic development in the Asia-Pacific region. At the same time parallel measures are being undertaken by economies to strengthen security in all modes of transportation, namely, land, sea, and air transport.
The Energy Working Group (EWG), launched in 1990, seeks to maximize the energy sector’s contribution while mitigating the environmental effects of energy supply and use. Key EWG initiatives relate to energy security and sustainable development.
The Telecommunications and Information Working Group (TEL) was formed in 1990 and aims to improve telecommunications and information infrastructure in Asia and the Pacific region by developing and implementing appropriate telecommunications and information policies, including relevant human resource and development cooperation strategies.
- New Zealand, US agree on further cooperation in Asia-PacificShanghaiDaily.com23 May 2013
- [People's Republic of] China to help end Pakistan energy crisis: [PRC's] LiThe News International - Pakistan23 May 2013
- [People's Republic of] China, Pakistan plan 'economic corridor': [PRC's] LiHaveeru Daily23 May 2013
- Sri Lanka prominent on Asia's development strategiesDaily News22 May 2013
- Saudi Commission for Tourism and Antiquities seeks [Republic of] Korea tourism cooperationArab News (noncatalog)15 May 2013
- Avenues of India-US energy partnership discussedBusiness Standard13 May 2013
Opinions and Editorials
- Asia's urbanizing countries urged to focus on energy, water infrastructureThe Asset (subscription)16 May 2013
- Discourse: APEC connectivity framework richer than that of ASEANThe Jakarta Post13 May 2013
- Meeting of minds in FijiThe Star13 May 2013
- APEC growth to gradually accelerateScoop17 Apr 2013
- APEC Russia 2012 outcomes: Integrate to grow, innovate to prosperAsia Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC)27 Dec 2012
- Indonesia's chairmanship of APEC will be chance to lead by exampleJakarta Globe25 Sep 2012
Studies and Research
- Destination APEC 2020: a conference on enhancing tourism and air connectivity in the Asia-Pacific regionAsia Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC)1 Jul 2012
- APEC energy overview 2011Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC)1 Jul 2012
- Evaluating the environment for public-private partnerships in Asia-Pacific: the 2011 infrascopeEconomist Intelligence UnitAsian Development Bank1 Mar 2012
- APEC's achievements in trade facilitation 2007-2010: final assessment of the Second Trade Facilitation Action PlanAsia Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC)1 Jan 2012
- Toward a sustainable transport development in Asia and the PacificBhattacharyay, Biswa NathCESifo1 Jul 2011
- The impacts and benefits of structural reforms in transport, energy and telecommunications sectorsAsia Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC)1 Jan 2011
- APEC 2012 Leaders WeekAsia Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC)2 Sep 2012
- APEC Telecommunications and Information Ministerial MeetingAsia Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC)6 Aug 2012
- 7th APEC Tourism Ministerial MeetingAsia Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC)23 Jul 2012
- 10th APEC Energy Ministerial MeetingAsia Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC)24 Jun 2012
- 19th APEC Economic Leaders' MeetingAsia Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC)12 Nov 2011
- 23rd APEC Ministerial MeetingAsia Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC)11 Nov 2011