TABLE OF CONTENTS
Message from ADB's President
Executive Summary and Recommendations
Jeffrey D. Sachs, Masahiro Kawai, Jong-Wha Lee, and Wing Thye Woo
Paper Summaries (full papers downloadable)
International Monetary Advisory Group
- Global Financial Crisis, its Impact on India and the Policy Response
- To What Extent Should Capital Flows be Regulated?
Maria Socorro Gochoco-Bautista
- The Case for a Further Global Coordinated Fiscal Stimulus
- Managing a Multiple Reserve Currency World
- From the Chiang Mai Initiative to an Asian Monetary Fund
- An Asian Currency Unit for Asian Monetary Integration
- The International Monetary System at a Crossroad
Felipe Larrain B.
- Towards a New Global Reserve System
- A Realistic Vision of Asian Economic Integration
Wing Thye Woo
- An Asian Monetary Unit?
- Will US fiscal Deficits Undermine the Role of the Dollar as Global Reserve Currency? If So, Should US Fiscal Policy be geared to Preserving the International Role of the Dollar?
International Monetary Working Group
- International Reserves and Swap Lines: the Recent Experience
Joshua Aizenman, Donghyun Park and Yothin Jinjarak
- The Future of the Global Reserve System
Daniel Gros, Cinzia Alcidi, Anton Brender, and Florence Pisani
- Renminbi Policy and the Global Currency System
- Will the Renminbi Emerge as an International Reserve Currency?
- Asia's Sovereign Wealth Funds and Reform of the Global Reserve System
Donghyun Park and Andrew Rozanov
- Reforming International Monetary System
- Designing a Regional Surveillance Mechanism for East Asia: Lessons from IMF Surveillance
Download full report in PDF format
(344 KB, 46 pages)