Asia Regional Integration Center
Tracking Asian Integration
- Redefining Strategic Routes to Financial Resilience in ASEAN+314 December 2021This edited volume highlights the scope for stronger regional financial cooperation to address the region's financial challenges and vulnerabilities. It offers policy considerations on how regional financial cooperation could progress toward greater financial resiliency and stability amid rapid economic and financial development with technological changes.
- Book Launch: Nonperforming Loans in Asia and Europe - Causes, Impacts, and Resolution Strategies10 December 2021While quick policy action has allayed the risk of financial crisis during the COVID-19 pandemic, the threat of an elevation in nonperforming assets across Asia and Europe remains acute. This webinar highlighted the key findings from the edited volume prepared by ADB and the European Central Bank.
- Leveraging Fintech for Central Asia’s Trade Financing Needs (ADB Briefs 193)17 November 2021Using company data from the ADB Trade Finance Survey, ADB Briefs No. 193 explores the potential of fintech in helping narrow the trade finance gap in the CAREC region. Read here.
- ADB Economics Working Paper: Economic Implications of the Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership for Asia and the Pacific20 October 2021This paper evaluates the impact of the RCEP on global and regional incomes, trade, economic structure, factor returns, and employment.
- ADB Brief: 2021 Trade Finance Gaps, Growth, and Jobs Survey13 October 2021The ADB Brief finds that the trade finance gap has grown, with more companies unable to find the financing they need to trade their goods. This may have exacerbated the sharp drop-off in trade during the pandemic and will make a recovery more difficult. Read more.
- Asia-Pacific Trade Facilitation Report 2021: Supply Chains of Critical Goods Amid the COVID-19 Pandemic8 October 2021This report reviews the impact of trade facilitation initiatives in Asia and the Pacific since the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic began and discusses how to increase supply chain resilience.
- Asia-Pacific Regional Cooperation and Integration Index: Enhanced Framework, Analysis, and Applications7 October 2021
- Asian Impact Webinar: An Enhanced Measure of Regional Cooperation and Integration7 October 2021
- Pacific Economic Monitor29 July 2021This issue of the Pacific Economic Monitor provides insights on experiences and lessons of Pacific island countries in striking a delicate balance between health and economic concerns. It also outlines ADB’s new development strategy to help the region address the impacts of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19).
- RCI-POD #22: Global Value Chain Reshoring: Impact and Policy Responses (14 July 2021, 3:00-4:30 PM, Manila, MS Teams)14 July 2021This webinar will shed light on the potential impact of global supply chain reshoring on international trade. Read more. Register with the RCI-POD Secretariat.